FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 (Can't attach files, threads stay marked as unread, login problems)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Some Problems After Upgrading From 2.7.7 to 3.0.4 [message #167833] Wed, 17 October 2012 12:54 Go to previous message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid
Hi,

we have been running a 2.7.7. forum for years, and just upgraded (in several in-between-steps, directly was not possible) to 3.0.4.

The forum does run well for many users. Alas, some, especially long-time-users, report some problems that I have been stabbing at for weeks and not the slightest clue as to why it is that way. These following two I can not reproduce myself.

1) Most threads and posts that have been previously read will still be marked as red (unread).

2) Some users will not stay logged in when they leave and re-enter the site (having cookies allowed) and for some weird reason when they log in, they land directly on the profile page after logging in, everytime.

The next one I also have.
3) We have set the allowed max file size to 8192KB, it also says so when you try to attach a file when posting, but when you choose a file path and click "upload", the forum says "file size too big (over allowed threshold of 8388608 Bytes)" - but the file is only 100KB. Tried with different files. Right now we can't attach files in a thread.

Our forum is really important to us and right now users are complaining a lot as to the usability because of these issues. Any help will be deeply appreciated!
(Forum Consistency, Rebuild Search Index, Rebuild Messages was done after each upgrading step.)

Thanks for any help,
Hendrik
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Setting up forum with web, mailing list, and NNTP
Next Topic: NNTP suggestions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]