FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » My local forum hacks and improvements
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: My local forum hacks and improvements [message #168088 is a reply to message #168082] Thu, 24 January 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
NeXuS is currently offline  NeXuS
Contributing Core Developer
I would first like to point out that this answer reflects my personal views and what I am doing on a separate branch of the FUDf code, it doesn't have anything to do with Frank's plans as FUDf mantainer (although he seemed pleased at the general direction I chose).

Atomicrun wrote on Sat, 19 January 2013 16:19

TAGS IN THE CODE
I would like the src files, and the theme files, to include their ID tags into the produced HTML.

I am currently working on what you might think of the FUDf "next-gen" and I am deliberately dropping the whole template thing in favor of a simpler and easier to hack MVC approach. Thus, such feature wouldn't be required anymore.

Quote:

FILE UPDATE BUTTON
When hacking in the forum source, frequent updates occur on typically the same file, such as the css file or a template/php source. In the file manager, when reloading the page, I would like to see the last uploaded file to appear with an update/reload button, to simply repeat the last file forum upload.

See above. Ideally there will be no more templates.

Quote:

ADDITIONAL FIXED PATH IN THE FILE SYSTEM
In the file administration system, I have included a fixed link to the tmp directory of the "Data" part on the server.

Currently browsing: D:\FUDforum_tufa\src
Go to: [ Web Directory ] [ Data Directory ] [ Data TMP Directory ]

I don't have ftp access to the server, but I do have physical access, so I use the /tmp directory to transfer various files like the Apache config file. The button make it easy to access this directory.

I am sorry but what you are saying is puzzling at least. Why would you use the /tmp directory to transfer files if you have physical access? Furthermore, you using the /tmp directory doesn't mean that everybody does or even that the directory exists (e.g. Windows server).

Quote:

SORT FILES ON DATE IN THE FILE SYSTEM
I would prefer if the default sorting of files is by date, with newest file first. This will put all unedited forum files at the bottom, and the latest edited file, or backup file, on top.

Actually a nice suggestion. The admin panel is also going to be completely redesigned in my version.

Quote:

REMOVE USERS WITHOUT POSTS IN THE USER LIST
There seems to be a series of bots that register accounts on the forum, and include links to consumer goods, possibly to improve the google ranking. Due to this I remove all users from the user-list that don't have any posts.

Another reasonable suggestion.

Quote:

INCLUDE THINGS ON THE INDEX PAGE
The randomserver include the server status on the front page. My problem is that I cannot find the spot where my additional code should be inserted. The result is that I have to manually edit this into the index.php for every language alternative.

See above. The abolition of templates should make things much easier.

Unfortunately I don't plan to work on the current branch unless for security or performance critical updates, so I can't promise any swift result.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Paypal Donation Button
Next Topic: Facebook Connect
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:05:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07057 seconds