FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » My local forum hacks and improvements
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: My local forum hacks and improvements [message #168193 is a reply to message #168103] Sun, 24 February 2013 18:45 Go to previous message
Atomicrun is currently offline  Atomicrun   Sweden
I wish to clarify that the "ADDITIONAL FIXED PATH IN THE FILE SYSTEM" refer to the FUD-Forum tmp directory, and not any other tmp directory. This is the directory where a forum backup will be put as a default.
Data TMP Directory:
urlencode( $ROOT_PATH[1]. '/tmp')

I do have physical access to my server, which is very nice, but I don't have USB, and I don't have any FTP, and I possibly have a CD reader, but it can be full of dust. So I simply send my files through the FUDForum admin panel, and then drag&drop the files to the right place. I admit that this configuration is possibly not very common among forum admins. But a super-thank-you for the file section of the Admin panel !!

The system-problem of a forum set-up is to keep the different parts separate, and bring them together when a user loads a page.
1) the Source code
2) the source code Hacks/Addons
3) the Style (what it looks like)
4) the Colour Scheme (Gray or Green or Blue)
5) the Language

This can be done using a database, but multiplying the set and pre-compute all files, it seems to be a solution that would also work. Currently I cannot configure language and style ("theme") independent of each other.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Paypal Donation Button
Next Topic: Facebook Connect
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:31:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05543 seconds