FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Adding another moderation type (How do I go about this?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Adding another moderation type [message #168557] Thu, 23 May 2013 15:51 Go to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
There is one more piece of functionality that I need to add to FUDforum to make it more anti-spam, but I'm not sure of the logistics of doing so. (I have this feature on my current forum.)

It is to add a moderation option under the "Moderator user's first N posts" in Global Settings.

Moderate user's messages until approved
Queue all of user's posts for approval until any of user's posts have been approved. Once a moderator has approved any of their posts, all further posts for that user will be unmoderated. This will generally stop all spam, but it does require moderators to moderate more posts.

It would be a Yes/No drop down list that is set to No by default.
It requires a new table in the database that lists all users that have been moderated, or a value in each user's profile that says they have been moderated. The latter is probably more proper, right?

This has been a bulletproof anti-spam measure for my large forum, but it does mean I have to moderate any new users. But being bulletproof is more important because I forward posts out to external mailing lists that I don't control, and they get very touchy when I spam them. Wink

Assuming you're OK with me adding this functionality to the core, how do we go about this?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:52]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I need help.
Next Topic: LDAP with SSL support (LDAPS)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:16:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04349 seconds