FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Adding another moderation type (How do I go about this?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Adding another moderation type [message #168561 is a reply to message #168558] Thu, 23 May 2013 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

The description on that feature says that when the number of a given user's posts go above N (e.g. 1), then their posts are now unmoderated.

As I understand that, if I set it to 1, their second (and all subsequent) posts would be unmoderated -- which is not what I want. I want a human moderator to look at their post(s) and see if it's something that should be in our forum. Then I want all further posts from them to be unmoderated.

I suppose I could set it to something ridiculous like 999. Are you saying that if I did that, and then approved one of their posts, they would now be unmoderated even though they have written fewer than 999 posts?

Here are a few scenarios:

1. Real, new user really gets into the forum and answers/posts 5 questions right away. I moderate his first post and say it looks good. What happens to the other four questions? Must I moderate them as well, or will they automatically get approved when I approve the first post?

2. Spammer goes crazy and posts 300 posts via some automated tool. Is there an easy way to disapprove all of his/her queued posts? Any chance there is a "disapprove and ban" button? If not, can I add one?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I need help.
Next Topic: LDAP with SSL support (LDAPS)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:23:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06742 seconds