FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Forum Styles » Giving FUDforum a new look  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Giving FUDforum a new look [message #168871] Wed, 31 July 2013 18:48 Go to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
I am extremely happy with the internals of FUDforum, but the front-facing look and how it is presented needs a major facelift. I am not the first to say this.

In addition to looking newer/fresher, like its competitors, it also needs a table-less design. Doing layout via tables has been a no-no for a while now, and i think FUDforum having a table-less design could give it a big marketing boost. (One of the things I'm going for.) I'd also like to add some features like "Most recent posts" on the right, like some of the other forums have. (I plan to make those modules that can be turned on/off in the Admin panel.)

For those of you not familiar with me, I have submitted a total of three enhancements to FUDforum in the months that I've been associated with it. I'm also finalizing development of a Joomla/FUDforum bridge that will be released soon as well. (It is developed and has gone through one QA round so far and has been resubmitted to development to work out some bugs. It is coming soon.)

Toward this end, I am going to pay a developer to create a table-less design that meets the objectives above, and then I'm going to submit this template back to the community. I need this for my websites where I am going to use FUDforum, and I believe FUDforum needs it to continue to market itself as a modern forum platform. So I will finish what I started. Wink (I say this because I see some posts from others that started this process that then disappeared.)

Why am I telling you this now? Because I'd like a few volunteers to take a look at the mockups as I go through the development process. I'd like to get your input on the design before I actually pay the developer to build it. It'll be better for all of us.

If you want to volunteer, respond to this post. Since I don't always get email responses from this forum when someone responds to a post, please also drop me an email at curtis at truthinit dot com.

Sound good?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message