FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Hello! Is Anyone At Home?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Hello! Is Anyone At Home? [message #184419 is a reply to message #184417] Tue, 31 December 2013 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Skhilled is currently offline  Skhilled   United States
Hi, cpreston and thanks for responding.

Being one who has been surfing the net for over 25 years (and administrate quite a few forums and a few hosting servers) I think the problem is the staff or lack of staffing. Unanswered questions is definitely a staffing issue. The unanswered topics/posts are mostly from quite a few months ago. If people come to a site and see the staff is not responding they may not register or those that have registered may not come back nor will they be active. I started to just go away but decided to ask anyways.

The lack of users posting can be partially attributed to the holidays but I'm pretty sure that is also due to staffing issues. When people see that the staff is not responding they go away and do not say nice things to others about the site and the software...not a good thing for any website. The staff leads its users...

Hopefully, this will change in the future and help propel this seemingly good software to greater heights. I am a SMF user and have been for many years but I also test other forum and CMS software..something I've enjoyed doing for 20+ years...Windows, AOL, various games (shareware and commercial) and a lot more. After I run FUDforum through its paces I'll post my findings. Smile
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is it possible to Combine a Listserv+FudForum?
Next Topic: This forum was down yesterday?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:26:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05643 seconds