FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » Repository pattern implementation that knows nothing (Jon Snow) about the database table and column names
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Repository pattern implementation that knows nothing (Jon Snow) about the database table and column names [message #186366] Tue, 08 July 2014 15:47 Go to previous message
qissolol is currently offline  qissolol
I've seen around the Internet and Github, implementations for the design pattern Repository that knows about database table and column names. I was think, if I want to work with the database as a plugin, that I can unplug and plug another respecting Open/Closed for the rest of my code, my repository should not know about the column names of the database I'm using. So how to implement this pattern in a way that it can transform the result from the database into a Entity of my domain, without knowing about the database table and column names?

As my main language is PHP, I saw that in Doctrine\ORM you can easily pass different yamls or xmls config files, mapping the column names to property names on the Entity, but... I cant be a hostage of a library implementation, if I want to implement raw PDO, or any other library for my repositories that doesn't make this hydration out-of-the-box, my implementation should do, so how?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: schemadb oleata test it
Next Topic: Help with Pear Soap Client to weather service
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 09:21:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04814 seconds