FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again (Error install.php)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187270 is a reply to message #187229] Sun, 16 April 2017 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
orionsune is currently offline  orionsune
Hi, i'm having the same problem on step 2, claiming the user doesn't have permissions to create indexes.

I have also tried granting global privileges to everything as a temporary test, and that fails too.

Here are the results of my CLI test using the user I specify in step 2 from the same server as the fudforum application installation.

I have tested creating a table, and an index from the CLI using the same user as I specified in Step 2.

mysql> create table test (testcol int);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> create index idx_test on test (testcol);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

I would post a link to my screenshot from phpmyadmin showing the privileges set on the fudforum user but i'm a new user and cannot submit links until I post 2 more messages.

I admit I know very little about manually manipulating databases and am not sure my CLI test succeeded or not since it says 0 rows were affected however the query didn't error or report a permissions issue.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue, please? Much appreciated... I apologize for my ignorance.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: unable to create folder
Next Topic: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 14:36:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03896 seconds