FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal (Converting the FOrum in PHP-Nuke to FUD)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal [message #187332] Mon, 21 August 2017 06:23 Go to previous message
FUDGhost is currently offline  FUDGhost   Canada

Would You Like To Help[ 3 votes ]
1. Yes 2 / 67%
2. No 0 / 0%
3. I'm too stupid 1 / 33%

Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal. If this was at all possible I do believe that FUD would rule the world, everyone I have talked to likes FUD forum better but did not want to lose their user point system and the ability to add modules and news to their website.

I have a modified version of PHP-Nuke running which allows me to run the forum area in fullscreen mode without the left and right blocks.

example: this is my PHP-Nuke with phpBB Forum theghost[dot]86it[dot]us <- I would like to incorporate FUD into PHP-Nuke... maybe replace phpBB as it sux

phpBB forum on the PHP-Nuke portal runs from with a folder called modules. Same relationship as FUD, it has private messaging etc. It's just that in my opinion phpBB really is lacking. There are no other forums that have the bells and whistles that FUD forum has.

I also would love the ability to have a modular portal with FUD and if someone would write a conversion script that would allow people to use FUD with their existing PHP-Nuke portal this would rule.

I say leave the old phpBB forum intact in the conversion but add the cross over so that the user list for PHP-Nuke uses FUD or vice versa.

Maybe a script to crosslink user registration, so that folks only have to register once in PHP-NUke and will be able access FUD & phpBB both with the same user account.

Can I get some feedback on this maybe someone would be willing to work with me as far as creating a conversion script that will actually modify PHP-Nuke to interact with the FUD database.

I do not think a bridge is a good idea. Just a FUD module... same as the way phpBB Forum was made into a module...

Have a look at my sight already.. I have been writing PHP-Nuke Titanium for 13 years and think it might be pretty easy to do if I could just get some people to help a little.

I made this post over 10 years ago as FUDchild and not a single answer was given.

PEACE
Ernest "TheGhost" Buffington
[Message index]

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Creating a PHP 7/8 FUDforum
Next Topic: PHP 7/8
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]