FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Creating a PHP 7/8 FUDforum (About my effort to create a new version of FUDforum)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Creating a PHP 7/8 FUDforum [message #187955 is a reply to message #187954] Fri, 18 September 2020 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
I like it, but have a couple of questions:

1. How do we test your version?
2. Will it be possible to upgrade (or migrate) old forums to your version? This is key, as there are a lot of LARGE (and extremely stable) forums on FUDforum.
3. Do you think it might be possible to use the exiting deployment model for Twig themes, where themes are copied (with localization) from the DATA to WEB directories? This may even allow older and newer themes to exist together in the same deployment.

Just a couple of random notes:
1. FUDforum 3.1 is compatible with PHP 7 (but I haven't tested PHP 8 yet).
2. SEO URL's are currently possible with the path_info_SEO theme.
3. Localization is integrated with TranslateWiki - they are committing translations on a periodic basis.

I assume it won't be possible to push your changes to the existing FUDforum repositories (like https://github.com/fudforum/FUDForum/) as your code is a radical departure from the existing structure. Anyway, I'm looking forward to test your version, to see if it can run my forum sites, and if not, if we can port some of it to the main repo.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 September 2020 21:21]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Issues with topics not being shown
Next Topic: Is there a script to convert the phpBB to FUD within the PHP-Nuke portal
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:57:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04256 seconds