» FUDforum Announcements
» FUDforum 2.5.0RC1 released
| FUDforum 2.5.0RC1 released [message #9921]
||Tue, 13 May 2003 08:51
After what seems like forever, the 1st beta of FUDforum 2.5.0 is finally out. As the large version jump may suggest this is a significant rewrite of the FUDforum code base, which hopefully will make the forum even faster as well as add some long awaited features.|
Below is the list of some of the major changes you will find in this release:
- Many PostgreSQL related fixed (based on my tests all parts of the forum should work with PostgreSQL).
- Rewrote the upgrade script to work better with PostgreSQL.
- Added authentication step to upgrade script for increased security.
- Added uninstall which can un-install FUDforum, this allows the default forum permissions to once again be secure.
- Added complex checks for safe_mode & open_basedir to upgrade & install script, which hopefully will allow easy installation on systems with such restrictions.
- Added the ability to mark a particular forum read.
- Added Dutch & Chinese Traditional (Big5) localization.
- Optimized the code not to rely on register_globals & optimize for situations when magic_quotes_gpc are off.
- Added more checks to consistency checker.
- Many optimizations in both PHP & MySQL code (you'll notice that most pages take far fewer queries to generate).
- Added a much faster & working theme optimizer based on the tokenizer extension.
- Many other small features & bug fixes.
FUDforum 2.5.0 will require PHP 4.2.0 or later
The reason for this requirement is the fact that most ISPs have already upgraded and those who did not should due to the numerous bugs & security issues found in PHP versions < 4.2.0
Since this is a major release, I ask everyone to try this on their test servers so that we can quickly hammer out any existing bugs & move to 2.5.1 stable release.
At the moment there are a number of features that will definitely be in 2.5.0 or 2.5.1, but are not yet found in this release.
These are as follows:
- XML feed of forum data
- PDFs generated from messages (for printing)
- PATH_INFO based urls
- Admin option to enable/disable user's ability to add images to their profile.
- Preview + SpellCheck buttons near the message preview
The translation status is as follows:
bulgarian translation has 60 untranslated strings
chinese translation has 42 untranslated strings
french translation has 48 untranslated strings
german translation has 97 untranslated strings
italian translation has 161 untranslated strings
latvian translation has 86 untranslated strings
polish translation has 62 untranslated strings
russian translation has 59 untranslated strings
spanish translation has 140 untranslated strings
swedish translation has 71 untranslated strings
turkish translation has 59 untranslated strings
portuguese translation has 105 untranslated strings
norwegian translation has 77 untranslated strings
russian-1251 translation has 59 untranslated strings
czech translation has 62 untranslated strings
slovak translation has 947 untranslated strings
dutch translation has 158 untranslated strings
chinese_big5 translation has 41 untranslated strings
The messages requiring translation are attached.
FUDforum Core Developer
Current Time: Sun Jun 24 04:45:23 EDT 2018
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00793 seconds