FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  Integrated Listserv/Mailing List (ie, not bridging) [message #12046] Sat, 26 July 2003 18:47 Go to previous message
jlb0001 is currently offline  jlb0001   United States

Integrated Mailing List? (i.e., Single product sharing message and subscriber data like Yahoo Groups.)[ 6 votes ]
1. Yes, Integrate Mailing List Interface 2 / 33%
2. No, Don't Integrate Mailing List 2 / 33%
3. An Integrated Listserv Would Be Cool! 2 / 33%
4. Use Yahoo Groups Instead! 0 / 0%

[!Please post your opinion to the attached Poll!]

The bridging mechanism to/from lists & NNTP is a great one and should not go away. However, there is a growing number of folks like myself that would like to replace their use of Yahoo Groups with an integrated hostable solution.

In order to provide a dual interface, one currently needs to host both a listserv and the forum which requires a separate mailing list product, requires the subscribers to subscribe to both packages, requires double the administration, requires double the traffic, requires double the space and has other integration wierdness that result from not being a single integrated product.

Both interfaces should be sharing the same message data and the same user data. Even Yahoo Groups has this feature! There is only ONE such downloadable product that I have found so far and that is Mailgust. However, Mailgust is still young, maintained by only one programmer and does not have the feature-set and user base that FUDforum has. Hopefully this simple and elegant feature can be added to FUDforum (which assuredly has more resources at their disposal than the maker of Mailgust).

[!Please post your opinion to the attached Poll!]
[Message index]

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Password protected forums"
Next Topic: How do I make anonimo vote on polls
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 06:00:29 GMT 2024