FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Ask to join a group - is that feature present?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Ask to join a group - is that feature present? [message #13530] Thu, 16 October 2003 13:56 Go to previous message
StarLight{PL} is currently offline  StarLight{PL}   Poland
I've dig through the changelog, and didn't notice the feature being added Sad Did it fell out of the release? Sad Maybe I've missed it?

It's a really cool feature if You have more than one closed forum. Here's how I would see the implementation:

Users cannot see groups. Instead, if this is a closed forum, they have a link to ask to join to the forum (no need for group names and such). In reality they would be joining the group controlling the forum, and the Group Leader task would be only to confirm and activate their membership in a group.

Yes, I know that one group can control more than one forum, but I would leave that "problem" to the admins to carefully create and arrange groups in a logical way.

Group Leaders can be disguised as mod's Wink. There's no need for users to see them anyway and if there is a problem they can contact the mod.

best regards,
StarLight{PL}
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Newsletter-type feature
Next Topic: Pagination nav bar at the top of msg
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]