FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » New in 2.6.0RC1
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: New in 2.6.0RC1 [message #13595 is a reply to message #13591] Sun, 19 October 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
Ilia wrote on Sat, 18 October 2003 17:05

Heh...

Now a days few people run their browser full screen due to various plugins etc... and often just the need/want to use portions of the screen for other uses. Personally, I amost never run my browser full screen on a 1280x1204 resolution preferring to keep it at aproximate size of 900*700 or so...

I can make the same kind of generalization, to wit: and most people know how to click the maximize browser button when they need to. but even if they don't maximize the screen, there is still a lot of empty space on the right of a 900x700 screen.

Even if I were to run full screen your own message would take more room then it does now, because ~200 pixels on the side would've been wasted for nothing. End result is that I am able to see more messages on screen and not waste space with trivial information.

Actually, I don't agree with that statement. By moving the stuff from the left to the top, you will always have wasted space to the right of that information. There is actually no wasted space on with the information on the left when the message is relatively short. And I think there are more short messages than there are long messages.

And if you are going to move stuff from the left and move it to the top, you need to do this page that I am typing on because it needs to be a non-standard design just like the others. At least you should be consistent in your design. Don't have some pages with stuff on the left and others where you have moved the left hand stuff to the top.

More importantly I can now fairly conveniently read the forum on a PDA and other mobile devices where screen space, especially horizontal is a very precious commodity.

As for the PDA, I have one and a little space to the left does not make that much difference on a 2.25x3 in screen. and with a couple of clicks I can switch the vertical/horizontal. At any rate, over 99% of all views of FUDForum will be on a standard desktop/laptop. And will remain so for a long time.

Is that what this is all about: we have to suffer a non-standard forum display so you can see FUDForum on your PDA? That sucks.

remove image - 10-22
  • Attachment: ff02a.jpg
    (Size: 42.80KB, Downloaded 1533 times)

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2003 18:26]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message