FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » New in 2.6.0RC1
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: New in 2.6.0RC1 [message #13693 is a reply to message #13691] Wed, 22 October 2003 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
Ilia wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 15:03

Yes they are setup in row #2 using a 3 column table. However based on that picture the only change would be to more the 3rd (last) row to the outmost right hand side?

would you combine the top and bottom line ( MsgR1 and MsgToolBar )??? I could live with that. kinda like http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=tree&th=2865&mid=13622& ;rid=177&rev=&reveal=

Quote:

I don't like the fact that the message subject is joined into the profile. Perphaps the black line between would make a clearer seperation? I do want the subject & time of posting to be easily visible.

I don't have a problem with that as it can be easily controlled thru the CSS for the row. But not black. Black is used to for the "msg box." a dull grey something like #363636. If it is black, it will compete with the black line around the msg box.

Quote:

The color change is good that I like. However I think the spacing between the message is exagerated. Would a double line (http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=848&rid=876) not be sufficient? Or perhaps a smaller space 3 - 4 pixels of white space?

see http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=14&rid=177. this would be accepatable. but even it could be another pixel or two. the eye needs to be discern a specific line of demarcation as it scans down the thread.

That spacing is critical to the separation. for example look at the front page you give as an example. the white line provides that "line of demarcation" on the right side for the Posts, Topics and Last Post columns. But as the eye moves to the left under the Forums column, that same white line fades from the minds eye.

That's why the moderator's column worked fine on the right but not as well on the left. Because the line of demarcation became obscured, it became difficult to find the actual forum name. With two lines it was ok because the line either was or was not the forum name. Binary: on or off. but with the third line, that was not true.

it is somewhat like putting a blank line between the paragraphs of this msg. Over the years our eyes have become trained to recognize the bank line as a transition from one paragraph to another paragraph (from one thought to another thought). it is our line of demarcation between paragraphs.

well, enough of that.
Quote:

On to threaded views. Would
http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=850&rid=876

Once again. I like the spacing of this one. Personally. But I would like to see if the "by" on the same line but right aligned would be better looking. I understand putting it on a line underneath, then as the window shrinks, it could slide left underneath the msg title. But if it is on the same line, it cuts the length to show this info in half.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message