FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » New in 2.6.0RC1
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: New in 2.6.0RC1 [message #13694 is a reply to message #13693] Wed, 22 October 2003 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
esm2002 wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 16:53

Ilia wrote on Wed, 22 October 2003 15:03

Yes they are setup in row #2 using a 3 column table. However based on that picture the only change would be to more the 3rd (last) row to the outmost right hand side?

would you combine the top and bottom line ( MsgR1 and MsgToolBar )??? I could live with that. kinda like http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=tree&th=2865&mid=13622& ;amp ;rid=177&rev=&reveal=

Err, I think you misunderstood me due to a typo. I ment 3rd column not 3rd row. I do not wish to combine MsgR1 & MsgToolBar. I can't even imagine how that would work. I was asking wether the change you were proposing was to move the last column of the MsgR1 to the output right hand side as in the image you've posted before.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't like the fact that the message subject is joined into the profile. Perphaps the black line between would make a clearer seperation? I do want the subject & time of posting to be easily visible.

I don't have a problem with that as it can be easily controlled thru the CSS for the row. But not black. Black is used to for the "msg box." a dull grey something like #363636. If it is black, it will compete with the black line around the msg box.

Dull grey border on a slightly darker grey background? That does not sound like it would work...

Quote:

That spacing is critical to the separation. for example look at the front page you give as an example. the white line provides that "line of demarcation" on the right side for the Posts, Topics and Last Post columns. But as the eye moves to the left under the Forums column, that same white line fades from the minds eye.

You can have too much of a good thing Wink, I think too much spacing results in quite the opposite effect. IMHO it would be better to use CSS padding of 4-5 pixels (at most) as a break between the message. Anything more and message display will look disjointed.

Quote:

Once again. I like the spacing of this one. Personally. But I would like to see if the "by" on the same line but right aligned would be better looking. I understand putting it on a line underneath, then as the window shrinks, it could slide left underneath the msg title. But if it is on the same line, it cuts the length to show this info in half.

Actually it does not, because the icon height is exactly 2 text lines, so the only difference is that now there is 1 line aligned to the center of the row. However, if the subject of the message is long is could result in rather ugly wrapping.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message