|FUDforum 2.6.0RC1 Released [message #13775]
||Mon, 27 October 2003 12:05
After about 2 month of development FUDforum 2.6.0RC1 is finally out and hopefully it'll be followed by the final release shortly.|
Here are the changes:
- Removed some unnecessary table locks, that make FUDforum operations faster. This should accelerate browsing for anonymous users quite significantly.
- Added few SQL engine specific tricks for MySQL & PostgreSQL to gain maximum performance in some complex situations like view rebuilding.
- Eliminated MySQL specific ENUMS and replaced them with much faster & neater bit masks.
- Big theme compiler optimization, it is now roughly 4 times faster. Compiling 1 theme on a Celeron 433 takes ~4 seconds versus 15+ seconds before.
- Updated FUDforum icons. The new icons come from the KDE project, kudos to the designers.
- Updated the layout to be more compact (thanks to all who helped make it better).
- Added a new permission setting SEARCH, which allows restriction of searching capabilities.
- Simplified FUDforum's CSS file, it is now a single file, without any extraneous code, meaning that you can just edit it inside any HTML/CSS editor. The new CSS file also gives you much greater control over the various forum elements.
- Greatly simplified the PATH_INFO code, the PATH_INFO template is now merely the changed URLs rather the entire copy of default template.
- Added functionality to the compiler allowing it to use partial templates & message files. Now you can create a theme and only put the changed sections inside it, rather then an entire copy of the theme.
- Various small bug fixes & tune-ups that did not make it to 2.5.3 release.
P.S. Due to this being a massive change and this being the 1st RC1, if you decide to upgrade an existing forum, be sure to make backups first.
FUDforum Core Developer
[Updated on: Tue, 11 November 2003 14:05]
Report message to a moderator