FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » problems with maillist.php (mailing list 2 forum)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
problems with maillist.php (mailing list 2 forum) [message #16866] Wed, 25 February 2004 00:36 Go to previous message
oblomov is currently offline  oblomov   Italy
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a (FUD)Forum as an archive for my mailing list but having some problems (should specify that I'm using fudforum that comes with egroupware but this shoudn't be a problem).

1) The admin panel is giving me the execute:
<mydir>/<writable_dir>/<crc(mydomain)>/scripts/maillist.php 1
but there was no scripts directory there (!)

ok, non problem, I cerated manually the scripts directory and installed maillist.php there but

2) mail kept bouncing back with php stderr saying it couldn't find file GLOBALS.php (included in maillist.php with a require)

ok, fine, I copied there GLOBALS.php but

3) I was getting a lot of "permission denied" for other requires in maillist (and/or GLOBALS.php) code: the fact is that <mydir>/<writable_dir>/<crc(mydomain)>/include directory and all installed files are installed with http user as owner and 0700 permission but when setting up a pipe/alias (<address>: |"/<pathtomaillist>/maillist.php <forum_id>" the script is usually not executed as the web server user so all other requires could not be read

so, using fudforum file manager a changed all permissions of included files to be read-all (0744) but

4) I was still getting an error because script could not write to log file in subdir errors so I changed errors/.mlist permissions to be 0777

now I'm just getting this error in the error file log:

(<myhome>/write_directory/fudforum/2945491008/include/theme/default/db.inc:106 <br />
<myhome>/write_directory/fudforum/2945491008/include/theme/default/db.inc:176 <br />
<myhome>/write_directory/fudforum/2945491008/scripts/maillist.php:366<br />
) : <br />
Query: SELECT * FROM phpgw_fud_mlist WHERE id=1<br />
Server Version: <br />

actually the reported query executes fine when done "by hand" in the sql server, I'm stuck again and this time really don't know how to proceed....

If anybody incurred in my same problems I'll be grateful for any help

Thanks

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Merging fro a listserv
Next Topic: undefined constant "s" (bug or my bad understanding?)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:07:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04453 seconds