FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Moving quicklogin to header template
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Moving quicklogin to header template [message #23240 is a reply to message #23237] Thu, 10 March 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mrock is currently offline  mrock   United States
Ilia wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 15:57

What you want to do cannot be done via the template editor, since the template editor only allows you to edit existing template content. It does not allow you to make templates reference other files, which is what is needed in this case.

You download header.tmpl and your editor of choice add REF line mentioned.

All I want to do is move the login/password that appears at the bottom of the forum and move it to the top of the forum. I am not using outside files or code other than what you provided in the program.

If I edit the templates manually the changes do not show up since if I understand this correctly, the template editor compiles the templates all into index.php.

If after I make a change to header.tmpl manually and then use the template editor it will blow up again since it does not recognize the changes I made manually.

So how do manual changes I make to the templates show up? Must I stop using the template editor altogether and only edit index.php directly?

Thanks again.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Previous Topic: How to show topic title in last message info on index?
Next Topic: mouseover on threads within forums
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 14 20:07:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03900 seconds