FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Efficiency/speed tweaks?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Efficiency/speed tweaks? [message #25493 is a reply to message #25294] Thu, 09 June 2005 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
OK, after examining my logs, it appears that only IE browsers are not caching the images properly. (which is currently about 44% of my sessions according to my Urchin reports) They are accessing the .gif files and not caching them, while Firefox is correctly downloading the .png version once.

Further, it appears that my regex for the logfile was incorrect becauuse apparently FUD Forum changes the locale for time zones which makes different GMT offsets appear in the logfile instead of always -0700 or whatever it used to be (I forget)... so when +0000 or +0430 appeared, the regex failed which was logged and this overall ended up eating more CPU than usual.

Also, FUD forum does seem to cause a little over twice the amount of hits I received with phpBB. Daily Average: 97,935.57 with FUD compared to Daily Average: 45,776.93 with phpBB.

So I guess the remaining problem to be found is why IE browsers are requesting the .gifs over and over. Is there an easier way to investigate the headers besides packet sniffing?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help me in installation please.
Next Topic: Failed installation...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:10:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04287 seconds