FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » FUDForum and integration / embedding
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUDForum and integration / embedding [message #29620 is a reply to message #25940] Wed, 04 January 2006 09:48 Go to previous message
omgs is currently offline  omgs   Spain
Surely you have thought about this before and it's not new, but I think forum software in general should approach to a kind of api/classes that allows easy integration with other CMS (of course, taking that there's a good internal design), without loss of funcionalities, and the extra work relies on the "connection classes". I think that if these "connection classes" just extended the "internal" ones in a way that transparently modify the session auth and user management (maybe another issues I'm not aware of at this time), it would simply rock, and the fudforum developers shouldn't have to worry about "the other", apart from having advantage in this matter. This would also allow easy upgrades (at least, in the same conditions than standalone installations). I think it's more difficult what is already done about having many different conversion scripts (varying depending on versions) than these classes. Maybe there's some work in progress about this, but if not, at least a "declaration" of what both parts need would be a good starting point, I think. Also (and it's why I replied here) this covers the embedding, and in this particular case because of this forum, in egw site manager, which doesn't exist (but old forum has).
I can be a tester of any suggestion, because I actually have fudforum embedded in an iframe, and want to get rid of it. Sad
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Reinstall FUDeGW
Next Topic: Multiple FudForum in eGW
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 21:09:56 GMT 2024