FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Announcements » FUDforum Layout Contest!!!  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUDforum Layout Contest!!! [message #28847 is a reply to message #28794] Sat, 12 November 2005 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marticus   United States
I believe you have a very interesting, sophisticated, fast, and efficient theming system. However, I believe you would have more people interested in making themes if it were less complicated. The web-based template editing is very sophisticated and it requires a lot of time to understand and then use. Some people I know, who have looked at it, didn't even want to try to understand it. The thing I do like about it is that I know of no other forums that provides such an interface into the templating system. Maybe a different layout for this would be beneficial. I can think of nothing at the moment, however. As for designing themes, the modular approach is also complex and requires much time to learn the layout of the files. I think it would be very helpful if there were some kind of interface, whether it be win32 based or web based, for designing the theme. The template editor is a good start. I think it can go any direction from there and it will be better. Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had a few days ago during a conversation with someone at work. I hope it helps in some way.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2.7.6 Released!
Next Topic: FUDforum 2.7.7RC2 Released
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 07:05:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03776 seconds