FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Flagging other users to posts on the forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Flagging other users to posts on the forum [message #31109 is a reply to message #27128] Sun, 02 April 2006 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Hi Ilia,
I have continued to study and decided that the "pared down" idea is unworkable. I have determined what I believe are the table changes needed to implement the full idea, and am working on determining affected and new modules.

I have made some changes from my original idea:

1.A-B Probably won't implement for now

1 (general)
- There will be no special "flag" button.
- The post form brought up from Reply or Quote will have a to_list, as the pmsg form does now, with the same processing for adding names from buddy list, and the same valididation of a (non-blank) to_list.
- The postcheck for adding a reply will allow a blank to_list, unlike the check for pmsg.
- The add_reply function will make a record in the (new) flag table (fields: id, from_id, to_id, msg_id -- all int(11) ) for each user name on the to_list.
- If there are no names on the to_list, no flag records will be created.
- to_list will be part of the msg object and be stored in fud26_msg table.

On display of messages, if the to_list is non blank, it (first 200 characters) will be displayed above the post in a separate "To:" row. If to_list is blank, there will be no "To:" row.

2: You have already implemented -- thank you very much!

3.A
"Replies and Flags" is changed to only "Flags".

3.B
If someone replied to my post but took my name off the to_list, I will not see an entry in "Flags".

3.E-G removed.

3 (general)
Each row of the "Flags" display should have
-checkbox to mark for deletion
-direct link to the message with the message subject as the text (similar to subscription notification links)
-sender name (possibly displayed as a link to their profile)
-timestamp

"Flags" display should incorporate "Select All" and "Delete" buttons.

Could use # of messages to display as paging value

It might be interesting to add a "pruning" admin feature to remove all flags older than "x" date at some point.

Would you be interested in creating a branch for your CVS where I could attempt to develop this feature? I am a novice at using CVS and web programming, but I do have a 10+ year background of programming, mostly on mainframe and database applications.

Thanks,
A
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message