FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Email (Subscribe) notifications failing
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email (Subscribe) notifications failing [message #32273] Sun, 18 June 2006 23:50 Go to previous message
jimsky7 is currently offline  jimsky7   United States
My FUDForum works just fine, including the notifications for newly-registering members, EXCEPT that when one of them signs up to "subscribe" to a forum or a thread, no notifications ever arrive via email.

I have tried using the regular PHP mail, and also have tried using a separate SMTP server. I have verified that the SMTP authorization is working (by making it FAIL first and then correcting it so it works).

I have tried the trick of having the user who wants the notifications go mark the thread as "all messages read." But this doesn't help either. No messages ever arrive.

I have "watched" the email log on the RECEIVING mail server to see whether there is ever any attempted connection from FUDForum (both when it is using PHP and when it is using SMTP) and no attempt is made by FUDForum to connect to the receiving email server.

Anyone have any ideas? (I am willing to look at PHP code if necessary, but hardly know where to start.)
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Вопрос о перенос
Next Topic: Install then import?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]