FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Migrating from 2.6.15 to 2.7.5, using forum-dump feature, crashes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Migrating from 2.6.15 to 2.7.5, using forum-dump feature, crashes [message #32657 is a reply to message #32655] Thu, 13 July 2006 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ligesh is currently offline  ligesh   India
Yeah, the same old argument. Have to work in PDA? HOw many people use PDAs?

The idea is to have 'left margin'. The margin is a great thing, and gives a nice feel. Which is why we have margins in the notebooks for kids. YOu always leave a little space on the left while writing. i don't know the actual psychological phenomena at work here, but that left space is absolutely essential, and it is teh LACK of this left-space that's making the current forum look cluttered and ugly.

Actually, all i have done is change it to the standard layout sported by forums like invisionboard etc, which is actually the most popular layout in teh internet.

Anyway, i don't want to get into a drawn out argument since i see that u are adament in ur attitude towards the 'left margin', and is not going to change it, and i am making this post using galeon, which i am not comfortable with. (emacs-w3m, lynx etc doesn't seem to work properly with forums nowadays.)

i am really surprised though, since i have not made any change other than move the user information to teh left. And if u r not ready to accept such a minor change, then i guess, any attempt to come up with a good design is futile.

For anyone interestd in seeing my layout, they can see it here:

http://ligesh.com/forum

i have changed ONLY the message layout and all i have done is move the user info to the left nad then change the dull gray to a much softer and soothing blue colour.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 July 2006 00:13]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mailing List Integration No Longer works in 2.7.5
Next Topic: FudFOrum doesn't set proper Reply-To tags when sending mails to mailing list (Again, not FUD issue)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:04:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04238 seconds