FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Displaying a forum outside of the forum software
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Displaying a forum outside of the forum software [message #36000] Tue, 27 February 2007 15:55 Go to previous message
walt is currently offline  walt   United States
I'm trying to use one of the forums as a blog for the main page.

I figured that I should be able to use a simple mysql select statement to get the thread_id's of one forum and then use fud_fetch_msg() to get the post. When I do this I get:
Quote:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/b/m/o/user/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 16

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/b/m/o/user/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 16

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/b/m/o/user/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 16

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/content/b/m/o/user/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 188

If I separate it into two separate tasks, they both work fine. The sql query is returning the proper thread_ids and if I use a thread_id with fud_fetch_msg(), everything is returned correctly.

I think the problem is that I'm using my own mysql_connection that I manually create and close instead of the same one that fudapi uses. Is there an easy way to use the fudapi or other fudcode to connect to the db so they wont cause problems?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Compact view of "Unread Messages"
Next Topic: Hack for FUD 2.3.7 - Import Users from a CSV File
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]