FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Configuring Postfix to post to FUDforum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Configuring Postfix to post to FUDforum [message #36118 is a reply to message #36117] Mon, 05 March 2007 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ramsey is currently offline  ramsey   United States
Got it working, and in a nutshell, here's how:

In /etc/aliases, I added a new alias:
list-bot: "|/usr/local/bin/php /full/path/to/FUDforum/scripts/maillist.php 1"

Then I ran the "newaliases" command as root (sudo newaliases) and reloaded postfix as root (sudo /etc/init.d/postfix reload).

Next, I set permissions on maillist.php to 777 (chmod 777 maillist.php) so that postfix could execute it (755 may also work just fine, but I haven't tested it).

Finally, I used the Mailman admin interface to subscribe list-bot(at)myhost(dot)com to the mailing list. Now, every message sent to the mailing list goes to list-bot and then gets added to the forum.

The beauty in this approach is that, with an announcements mailing list, everything needs to be approved. If you simply add a rule to pipe all messages to your mailing list address to the forum, then it skips the mailing list approval process, but since I'm piping all messages sent to a subscriber of the list to the forum, then only those messages approved to be sent to the mailing list get posted to the forum.

Ben Ramsey
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FudForum theme and template edition - probleme to have stable css
Next Topic: Impossible to vote poll
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 23:27:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03881 seconds