|FUDforum 2.2.4RC1 [message #4393]
||Thu, 25 July 2002 09:55
This is a 1st pre-release of the upcomming 2.3.0 FUDforum.|
The reason for the pre-release is because there are MANY changes,
some of which are features others are optimizations and of course the occasional bug fix here and there.
Here is the summary of the changes I feel are important to note, if you need the little details download the changelog from the download page.
- Added SMTP class, which allows FUDforum to send email by connecting directly to SMTP server. This functionality also supports SMTP Authentication.
- Mailing List Support (read only for now), ability to have mailing list messages injected into FUDforum, including attachments, automatic user account creation, maintaining reply order, etc...
- Optimized the FUDforum code by replacing while( list() = each() ) loops with a much faster foreach() loop.
- new user control panel option, allowing users to refuse private messages.
- Renamed all references to 'Thread' to 'Topic'.
- Add a form allowing the users to see all active polls
- If a user has created any polls their profile now shows the number of polls created as well as a link to a page showing all the polls by that user.
- Changed _new to "_blank" for all external links.
- Fixed an announcement bug, that would not make messages announcements made by users who had been given the announcement privilege via the group system.
- Fixed a bug with visible permission on the front page.
- Fixed a bug in the automatic URL parser (FUDcode).
- Fixed a broken 'show rest of message' link.
- Fixed a bug in admcat.php, that caused category description to be cutoff.
- Fixed a bug in admforum.php that caused the category name not to appear beside each forum.
- Fixed a bug, that would cause last post in the front page to include deleted forums in the query seeking the last post.
- Fixed a number of HTML bugs found using CSE HTML Validator Professional
I would like to thank Albert Wiersch (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/) for donating a full license to CSE HTML Validator Professional, which is proving to be extremely useful at identifying various HTML buglets inside FUDforum code.
FUDforum Core Developer
[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2002 12:14]
Report message to a moderator