FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » virtual hosts support
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: virtual hosts support [message #28127 is a reply to message #28126] Wed, 12 October 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ruzam is currently offline  ruzam   Canada
The css could be incorporated into the pages themselves. I mean, it only really makes sense to include it as a separate file if you're hand coding the web pages. As long as everything is generated from templates, does it make any difference? You'd probably gain some speed increase by having it compressed with the original page instead of fetched separately.

Or alternately, the CSS could be located in the FULL_ROOT and created uniquely for each site?

Sure, it's easy enough to tweak compiler.inc, but not being part of the official code, it's an upgrade risk. Besides, the compiler.inc tweak is always going to be land mine for future breakage. I hope you'll consider including a virtual site enhancement some day.

Theme templates in WWW_ROOT_DISK is cool, updated avatars in WWW_ROOT_DISK is not. In a multi-site environment what there really needs to be is gobal default dir, extended with the site personal additions. So say pre-installed avatars come from WWW_ROOT_DISK and 'extra' site installed avatars come from {FULL_ROOT} with the two directories seemlessly blended together. Something I'm sure FUD was never designed for, so it's probably going to be a bear.

Silly question #1:

What's the point of having the 'Database Settings' section (DBHOST values) on the admin page? If these values aren't correct you can't get to the admin page. If you change them on the admin page, you'll never be able to go back and fix them if they're entered wrong. Just seems kind of odd to set them up on the admin page when really, your only option to change them is to edit the GLOBALS.php.

Silly question #2:

Perhaps this relates to your comment about splitting storage, but why link GOBALS.php in many places? Would it not be just as easy to leave it in one place and adjust references accordingly?

Thank you

Thank you or the error log patch. I like mine better Wink but hey, as long as it gets the job done. You don't know how many times I've had to look at the sql_errors while debugging my mods.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message