FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » virtual hosts support
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: virtual hosts support [message #28226 is a reply to message #5238] Fri, 14 October 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous   Canada
Ok, well, I'm making darn good progress on virtual sites. Cleaned up a fair bit of the icon admin code to make it more conistent between all the different admin options (OK, so I've only looked at mime types and forum icons to start). I have a workable plan in place that allows me to upload icons to the virtual site images directories, yet still be able to select (but not change) the standard system images. Involves a we bit of trickery calling a new script called 'image.php' to display the custom images. Things are looking good.

Now for the bad. What is up with the different image storage formats?? Smiley icons have an 'icon_' prefix, Message icons have none. Mime icons store just the file base name in the table, requiring templates to fill in the image path where as, forum icons store the whole (relative) image path in the table. Forum icons work great with my scheme. Just substitute the new path for the custom images and things are flying. Mime icons on the other hand are a horrible mess. I'm going to have to modify themes and templates and who knows what to dynamically subsitute either the straight standard path or the funky custom path. Is there a logical reason for this? Is there a big picture plan to converge the icon image handling into a single unified format?

Please tell me Mime icons are the exception to the rule and the other Icons work like Forum icons (full relative paths)
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message