|2.3.1RC Released [message #5438]
||Tue, 03 September 2002 10:50
This is the 1st RC release of the 2.3.1 stable, that I hope to release on Friday.|
The 'core' of this release in the new upgrade script, which is much more intelligent then the previous incarnations when it comes to performing SQL upgrades. In addition the upgrade script finally supports PostgreSQL forums, enabling the users who use PostgreSQL to upgrade their forums just as easily as their MySQL counter parts have been able to do.
Both upgrade and install scripts are now much smaller ~700kb, the reason is that I've decided to use zlib compression instead of previous base64_encoding. The result is a much smaller script.
This should be pretty safe, since zlib extension is compiled by default with PHP and for Windows users is part of the standard distribution, so 99% of PHP enabled serves should have that extensions available for use.
Since this was a major revision of the upgrade script, I've personally tested it against nearly all versions starting 2.0.2 up until 2.3.1.
In addition to the major changes, I've also fixed a number of bugs that were found, those are listed below.
- Some threadt optimizations
- Fixed rview redirection bug
- make selmsg use strftime and not time()
- Added rename() handler for windows
- Fixed a bug with read/unread message handling
- Improved layout for message/thread deletion confirmation page
- Rewrite of forum's error handling mechanism
- Added an admin script allowing the admin to easily browse
forum's error log.
- Fixed a bug on logedin.inc.t dealing with last post link
- Updated the default SQL prefix
- lowercase some remaining upper case functions & defines
- Fixed a bug that prevented existing message from being set to sticky or announcements during editing.
- Fixed a bug that prevent 'expire never' from working properly.
- Fixed an invalid ICQ link in private messages
- Small optimizations in the spell checking code.
FUDforum Core Developer
[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2002 09:07]
Report message to a moderator