FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Fud installer - where did the technology come from?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Fud installer - where did the technology come from? [message #10007] Wed, 14 May 2003 17:26 Go to next message
stevie is currently offline  stevie   United States
I've never seen a php installer like the Fud installer. Usually installing php systems means plunking a whole folder of files on my server, and then maybe running an install script to configure it. I like the idea that the install script itself actually contains all the necessary stuff. On the other hand, it means I don't get to look at the various files involved before installing it.

Anyway, I've just never seen this kind of installer before. Did you Fud guys invent it? If someone else wanted to create an installer like this for a different php package, how would they go about learning how? Thanks. -Steve
Re:Fud installer - where did the technology come from? [message #10010 is a reply to message #10007] Wed, 14 May 2003 19:01 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The installer & upgrade script were both written from scratch. While the SQL stuff is pretty unique the packing/unpacking mechanism is pretty universal and can work with virtually any PHP code without any modifications. Keep in mind that just like the rest of the forum they are under the GPL license.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: remote images
Next Topic: 10K messages, congratulations!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:39:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06895 seconds