FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20345] Sat, 09 October 2004 04:31 Go to next message
CirTap is currently offline  CirTap   Germany

Hi,
I recently downloaded 2.6.6 and I'm really impressed! For various reasons I currently maintain a couple of IPB boards for which I desperately need a working converter.
The IPB converter at the download page does not seem to work with IPB 1.1.2 which is a board I need to convert ASAP.
However, it gives me
Notice: Undefined variable: FILE_LOCK 
  in path\to\web\fudforum\ipb.php on line 75
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of -1 seconds exceeded 
  in path\to\web\fudforum\ipb.php on line 84
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of -1 seconds exceeded 
  in path\to\fudforum\include\core.inc on line 18

on a clean install of FUD and IPB 1.1.2 with only a couple of users and posts; nothing "large", though.

No idea where "$FILE_LOCK" is initialized, and I'm wondereing about the -1 value of max_execution_time. If that's supposed to be a trick to get "unlimited" it doesn't work <g>

And yes: this one currently runs on Win XP with PHP4.3.7 and MySQL 4 on Apache 2 -- I wanted to give it a try first before messing around on the server.

Any chance to get this fixed?
I'm too new to FUD in any situation to do this myself.

As with Invision's decision to make (nasty) IPB 2.0 a paid version, and upgrading to 1.3 requires a full Skin makeover anyway, I though, I can go straight ahead to FUD and avoid any hassle.

Thanks for any help.
CirTap

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 04:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20349 is a reply to message #20345] Sat, 09 October 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Change the value from -1 to some large number like 100000. -1 works fine on linux though, I guess on win32 something else is needed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20358 is a reply to message #20349] Sat, 09 October 2004 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hi,
thanx for looking at this.

I changed these lines
(68) set_time_limit( ((substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3) == 'WIN') ? 60000 : -1) );
(75) if (!__WEB__ && $FILE_LOCK == 'Y') { 

FILE_LOCK seems to be some installer or admin thing which I think I can ignore anyway in this situation: it runs in the browser, and on my localhost there's not that much traffic for the need to "take down" the forum <g>

However, it now stops in line 168 with
Unknown column 't_default' in WHERE clause
Query: SELECT id FROM fud26_themes WHERE t_default='Y' AND enabled='Y' LIMIT 1

and in fact: both fields do not exist (anymore) in "fud26_themes", but some "theme_opt" which looks like their "bit-mask" successor Smile
I only have 1 entry with theme_opt = 3 so I changed this to
$u->theme = q_singleval("SELECT id FROM {$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX}themes WHERE theme_opt=3 LIMIT 1");

now, next prob when converting users in users_reg.inc fud_user_reg::reg_user()
$users_opt is null, nada, nix, so the SQL in line 135
- - > ".$this->users_opt.",
results in plain void for this
- - > ... NULL, , 0 )

thus in ipb.php(197) I added the default value I found in the users-table: 4488117, although I have no idea how this will come out later Smile
$u->display_email = $obj->hide_email ? 'N' : 'Y';
$u->users_opt = 4488117;

next run and the next missing field in fud26_users: avatar_approved, so I simply removed this fiels (line 276) from the UPDATE statement.

next run: duplicate entry.
The "alias" field of the $u object is not assigned; went back to line 182 and added "alias" to make them this triade:
$u->alias = $u->login = $u->name = $obj->name;

This finally gives me all the members, but then .. Smile

The "buddy/user_ignore" routine stops with
Undefined index: 1 in /path/to/ipb.php on line 297
INSERT INTO fud26_user_ignore (ignore_id, user_id) VALUES (3, )

there seems to be some problem with the new user_ids, either because I did/did not TRUNCATE the users table on each run of FUD or for whatever reason. I dunno if "Anonymous" must be user_id 1 -- it's gone now and I'll reinstall FUD to get a new clean forum Smile

Now, before I try digging any further in this (FUD 2.5?) converter, any more obstacles in my way from IPB 1.1.2 to FUD 2.6.6?

Thanx,
CirTap
Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20359 is a reply to message #20358] Sat, 09 October 2004 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just realized that 2.6.7RC2 is available. I though I stick with the latest stable, but "RC2" sounds pretty close to "done".

Did the DB schema change from 2.6.6, or should I install 2.6.7RC2 now and make the IPB move with that?

CirTap
Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20406 is a reply to message #20359] Tue, 12 October 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
here is an updated conversion script that should work with 2.6 series forums.
  • Attachment: ipb.php
    (Size: 24.32KB, Downloaded 1161 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20431 is a reply to message #20406] Wed, 13 October 2004 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Ilia,
thanx a lot for this file. Unfortunately there were a few issues.
I attached a diff file with my changes and the modified version for your "review" Very Happy

I ran this with v2.6.7RC2, fresh database, and after running the consistency check all seemed fine:
I have the users, buddies, groups (althoug group_members looks weired to me), categories, forums -- I even have my Avatar, but no Posts or PMs Shocked

'thread', 'poll', 'msg', 'pmsg' do contain records and there's one "messages/msg_1" and one "messages/private", which seem to be copied ontop of themself (maybe due to the multiple runs -- didn't know about the files).

Any idea?

I used an early backup of the IPB database which only had a few posts, PMs, and users.

SELECT * from group_members:
+----+------------+----------+-------------------+
| id | user_id    | group_id | group_members_opt |
+----+------------+----------+-------------------+
|  1 |          0 |        3 |            327683 |
|  2 | 2147483647 |        3 |            378767 |
|  4 |          0 |        4 |            378499 |
|  3 | 2147483647 |        4 |            378499 |

user_id is always the same, group_members_opt varies.
Is a user_id = 0 intended?

Thank you for your help.

CirTap
  • Attachment: ipb-patch.zip
    (Size: 7.82KB, Downloaded 1193 times)
Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20432 is a reply to message #20431] Wed, 13 October 2004 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
After running the import script, did you run the consistency checker? Unless you run it, the messages will not actually show up. If you did, and there is still no messages then we need to debug this problem further.

I did notice 1 problem with your modification to the script, I think you missed setting thread_opt, which could go a long way at explaing why messages are not visible.

I've updated the conversion script yet again, with some of your fixes and modified some of them to work a little better.

The new conversion script it attached.
  • Attachment: ipb.php
    (Size: 24.55KB, Downloaded 1163 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Invision 1.1.x to FUD 2.6x ? [message #20433 is a reply to message #20431] Wed, 13 October 2004 19:55 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Users 0 and 2147483647 are actually speal permission masks used to represent all registered and all anonymous users. So, this is not an error.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Converting?
Next Topic: phpBB. Invalid conversion section [code].
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 23:42:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02803 seconds