FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Internet Explorer link bug (maybe) in search results.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Internet Explorer link bug (maybe) in search results. [message #31064] Wed, 29 March 2006 19:49 Go to next message
empororvader is currently offline  empororvader   United States
After searching for "Internet Explorer link bug" for messages and topics that looked correct, I did not see what I was looking for.

We have been using FUDforum for at least a nine months. The application appears to work fine... but there is a problem when clicking links off search results. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something not set on my end:

After logging in to the forum, a user can then perform a search on a specific term. We can use "sports" as an example. Pressing search reveals a list of messages and excerts from the messages that meet the search criteria as expected. However, if there is a link within the message excert from the search results, Internet Explorer no longer responds, and Windows XP kicks out the standard "Not Responding" error with the option to "Send Error Report". There is no evidence that it has struggled since it displays the error message immediately after clicking on the link. Please note that this does not happen for Firefox at all. Also, it only happens (at least from what I can tell) when the user clicks a link from within the search result excerts.

At first, I thought it was a general bug. But, I performed the exact same sequence on this very forum with IE and no error happened. So, was this an old bug that has been resolved by new releases? Or do I need to change a setting to allow IE to allow the search result links to be clicked? Or is there a specific path that must be set for these to work? {Keep in mind, it is not just a "no results found" FUDforum error message, but the IE application stops working entirely and closes down completely --generating a Windows XP "Not Responding" error.} Please reply if you have a solution... Thank you for your help... Michael.
Re: Internet Explorer link bug (maybe) in search results. [message #31078 is a reply to message #31064] Thu, 30 March 2006 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Which version of the forum are you using? I would definately try upgrading as the first solution.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Internet Explorer link bug (maybe) in search results. [message #31089 is a reply to message #31078] Fri, 31 March 2006 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
empororvader is currently offline  empororvader   United States
I was not the one that installed the forum. My former boss did this. And it has been dropped into one of our standard templates...that does not have a <base> tag at the moment. But as far as I can tell, we are "Powered by: FUDforum 2.6.13.". Very Happy

What is the latest version number? Are any of the versions required prior to upgrading to the latest one?
Re: Internet Explorer link bug (maybe) in search results. [message #31097 is a reply to message #31089] Sat, 01 April 2006 18:01 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can upgrade directly to the latest FUDforum, which is at this point 2.7.4. The bas href tag is necessary for most URLs, especially the one using JavaScript to work.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Tomcat/PHP null IOException Solved
Next Topic: Godaddy MySQL problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 10:10:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04423 seconds