FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36030] Wed, 28 February 2007 23:51 Go to next message
sommer is currently offline  sommer   Denmark
Hi!

I'm running FUDforum as part of eGroupWare and I'm very satisfied with it. But today I ran into some problems. When trying to solve some permission issues I closed the user access to the FUDforum inside eGroupWare and now I can't re-open it.

When I click the FUDforum icon in eGroupWare a custom message to the users is displayed along with the "Administrators can login here" message. Thats fine but when I click "here" I get a blank browser-screen. So I can't re-open the forum!

As I need to re-open the forum quickly I would like to know wether I can re-open the forum directly in the MySQL database and how to do it?

Thanks,
Henrik
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36034 is a reply to message #36030] Thu, 01 March 2007 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
To quickly re-open it you need to edit GLOBALS.php and make sure that $FUD_OPT_1 bitmask has the 1st bit set.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36041 is a reply to message #36034] Thu, 01 March 2007 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your quick answer, Ilia!

I have located the GLOBALS.php file and the $FUD_OPT_1 inside it, but I'm not sure what to do.

The $FUD_OPT_1 is set to 1743713469;

What is my next step?

/Henrik

Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36062 is a reply to message #36041] Fri, 02 March 2007 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That value suggests the forum is enabled. Do you have any other GLOBALS.php files around?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36129 is a reply to message #36062] Tue, 06 March 2007 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I do. Which directory should the Globals.php be located in?

My Globals.php is located in egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/include/GLOBALS.php

Now, after trying to enable the forum it suddenly just gives me a blank screen when trying to open the forum in egroupware instead of the message that the forum is down for maintenance. What am I doing wrong?

/Henrik

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 19:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36134 is a reply to message #36129] Wed, 07 March 2007 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It sounds like you've introduced a parse error into GLOBALS.php when you've edited the file. If you do php -l GLOBALS.php on the command line it should be able to tell you where the error is.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36149 is a reply to message #36134] Wed, 07 March 2007 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for being so stupid, but I presume you want me to locate globals.php in Terminal (I'm running Mac OS X), but I not sure how to do it. When opening Terminal I can only locate directories lower than the "User" directory. How do I open the /Library/WebServer/egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/include directory?

Thanks,
Henrik
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36201 is a reply to message #36149] Wed, 07 March 2007 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
find egroupware/-name GLOBALS.php will find the file for you.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36274 is a reply to message #36201] Mon, 12 March 2007 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Ilia. Actually "find egroupware/-name GLOBALS.php" did not find GLOBALS.php but I finally found it the oldfashioned "cd"-way.

Now I have run "php -l GLOBALS.php" with this fine result:
"No syntax errors detected in GLOBALS.php"

No syntax errors in GLOBALS.php then. I wonder if I may have a file permission error in the filesystem on the server. I have checked the permissions using the "Check Installation" in the eGroupWare Setup utility, whick does not detect any file permission errors, but I'm not sure there isn't any file permission errors yet.

Anymore ideas? - I still just get the blank screen when trying to open the fudforum inside my eGroupWare, which is not very informative. Some kind of error message could have been useful.

Thanks again
Henrik

Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36277 is a reply to message #36274] Mon, 12 March 2007 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you checked the PHP error log file for error messages?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36299 is a reply to message #36277] Thu, 15 March 2007 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, not yet - where do I find the PHP error log file?

I guess it must be somewhere inside usr/local/php5/ but I haven't found it yet. What is the name of the file?

/Henrik
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36342 is a reply to message #36299] Sun, 18 March 2007 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can find out the location of the file by making a phpinfo script
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

And then looking for the value of the error_log INI setting that it shown on the page.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36379 is a reply to message #36342] Tue, 20 March 2007 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, there was no error-log file defined in my php.ini so I had to create one and restart the server to make php write errors to the new error-log file. Then I tried to open eGroupWare and then the internal FudForum which gave me this error in the error-log:

Quote:

[20-Mar-2007 15:23:21] PHP Warning: fud_egw(/Library/WebServer/Documents/egroupware/fudforum/../../header.inc.p hp) [<a href='function.fud-egw'>function.fud-egw</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/include/core.in c on line 210
[20-Mar-2007 15:23:21] PHP Fatal error: fud_egw() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/Library/WebServer/Documents/egroupware/fudforum/../../header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/include/core.in c on line 210

I hope this makes sense to you?

Henrik

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 16:09]

Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36382 is a reply to message #36379] Tue, 20 March 2007 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thinking a little made it make sense to my self. I had an error in my GLOBALS.php at "$WWW_ROOT_DISK" which made php look for the header.inc.php file in the wrong directory. So I fixed that one but the FudForum still doesn't work and I still get a blank page when trying to open the forum. The error log now displays this error:
Quote:

[20-Mar-2007 17:37:34] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /Library/WebServer/Documents/egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/include/core.in c on line 234

I haven't figured than one out yet, so any help is appreciated.

Henrik

Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36384 is a reply to message #36382] Tue, 20 March 2007 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What is line 234? it looks like there is some invalid code on it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36406 is a reply to message #36384] Wed, 21 March 2007 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a parse error in line 234 due to an error in one of the paths in GLOBALS.php which I have created from scratch since the break down earlier this month. The forum now works fine again Very Happy

That makes me very happy! - only thing though: My eGroupWare admin user cannot access the FudForum Admin Panel. The Admin Panel links in the left margin are simply not there. What can I do to fix that problem?

Thanks!
Henrik

[Updated on: Wed, 21 March 2007 14:57]

Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36421 is a reply to message #36406] Thu, 22 March 2007 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to set the admin flag on the user account in the forum. You can find the flag bitmask inside fud_users.tbl file in the sql/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36500 is a reply to message #36421] Mon, 26 March 2007 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, again Im not quite sure what to do. The bitmask looks like this in the fud_users.tbl

Quote:

# Opts
# 1 display_email (ON/OFF)
# 2 notify (ON/OFF)
# 4 notify_method (EMAIL/ICQ) (ICQ notification is no longer used)
# 8 ignore_admin (ON/OFF)
# 16 email_messages (ON/OFF)
# 32 pm_messages (ON/OFF)
# 64 pm_notify (ON/OFF)
# 128 default_topic_view (MSG/TREE)
# 256 default_message_view (MSG/TREE)
# 512 gender (UNSPECIFIED)
# 1024 gender (MALE/FEMALE)
# 2048 append_sig (ON/OFF)
# 4096 show_sigs (ON/OFF)
# 8192 show_avatars (ON/OFF)
# 16384 show_im (ON/OFF)
# 32768 invisible_mode (ON/OFF)
# 65536 blocked (ON/OFF)
# 131072 email_conf (ON/OFF)
# 262144 coppa (ON/OFF)
# 524288 is_mod (ON/OFF)
# 1048576 is_admin (ON/OFF)
# 2097152 acc_status (P/A)
# 4194304 avatar_approved (No Avatar)
# 8388608 avatar_approved YES
# 16777216 avatar_approved NO
# 33554432 admin disabled PM (ON/OFF)
# 67108864 admin disabled signature (ON/OFF)
# 134217728 do not send e-mail notifications (ON/OFF)

And the users_opt bitmask for the admin account in my phpgw_fud_users table is set to 4357110

So what do I need to do?

Also one of the categories in the FUDforum can be seen by a user group that should not be able to see it. Can this be changed in a similar way?

Thanks,
Henrik
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36510 is a reply to message #36500] Tue, 27 March 2007 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
To make sure you have admin access you set to OR (|) the bitmask with 1048576 value.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36525 is a reply to message #36510] Wed, 28 March 2007 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I have tried to OR (|) the bitmask with 1048576 value but without any change. I still cannot see the Admin Panel in the left margin. Actually, when I log in as the admin user the users_opt value is reset to 4357110 (when seen in phpmyadmin afterwards).

Then again I don't think this is where the problem is, because when I log in as the admin user I am able to move and delete other users topics.

/Henrik
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36545 is a reply to message #36525] Fri, 30 March 2007 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
IS the admin user in eGW the same user as the one you are trying to make the forum admin? Is this admin user activated as admin for all eGW functions?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #36562 is a reply to message #36545] Fri, 30 March 2007 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the eGW admin user is the same user as the forum admin user and yes the admin user is activated as admin for all eGW functions.

I have tried with another admin user account that I created just to try wether it made a difference but without any result. This new user account was not able to acces the Admin Panel either.

/Henrik
Re: Problem re-opening FUDforum after maintenance [message #40058 is a reply to message #36562] Tue, 08 January 2008 20:28 Go to previous message
Hi,

It has been long 9 months since I last had a look at this problem. Was hired by another company hence I didn't have time to search for the error.

I have found out that when logged in to eGroupWare with admin rights and
- clicking the "Admin" and
- scrolling down to and clicking the "Site configuration" link associated to the FUDforum I get a blank screen.

I have opened the php-error log which shows the following error-lines:
[Tue Jan 08 20:29:22 2008] [error] [client 87.57.xxx.xxx] PHP Notice: Undefined index: is_post in /srv/www/vhosts/playitsound.dk/httpdocs/egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/incl ude/theme/default/users.inc on line 628, referer: http://www.domain.dk/egroupware/admin/index.php
[Tue Jan 08 20:29:22 2008] [error] [client 87.57.xxx.xxx] PHP Notice: Undefined index: is_aol in /srv/www/vhosts/playitsound.dk/httpdocs/egroupware/fudforum/setup/base/incl ude/theme/default/users.inc on line 628, referer: http://www.domain.dk/egroupware/admin/index.php

This is the content of the lines 628 through 634:
if ($GLOBALS['is_post'] || $GLOBALS['is_aol'] || $u->id > 1) {
header("Cache-Control: no-store, private, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0, s-maxage=0");
if (!$GLOBALS['is_aol']) { /* these headers cause troubles for AOL browser (amazing POS) */
header("Expires: Mon, 21 Jan 1980 06:01:01 GMT");
header("Pragma: no-cache");
}
}

I know that the problem most likely derives from an error somewhere earlier in the proces of opening the admin-panel.

I still haven't figured out how to solve this problem and I sincerely hope someone is able to help me.

Thank you!
Henrik

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2008 20:30]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Admin password no longer recognized after upgrade
Next Topic: Installing FUD Forum on multiple servers setup
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 16:36:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02314 seconds