FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum (preg match failure in post.php)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum [message #36824] Thu, 12 April 2007 19:23 Go to next message
CPngN is currently offline  CPngN   United States

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php on line 2168

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php:2168) in /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php on line 4125

I saw a couple other errors like this while poking around and figured they were because I had 0 posts. So I tried to make a new post and.... I get the above. Not sure what other info to include yet - the error_log basically repeats the above:

[12-Apr-2007 15:06:46] PHP Warning:  preg_match() [<a href='function.preg-match'>function.preg-match</a>]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php on line 2168
[12-Apr-2007 15:06:52] PHP Warning:  preg_match() [<a href='function.preg-match'>function.preg-match</a>]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php on line 2168
[12-Apr-2007 15:06:52] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php:2168) in /home/work13/public_html/forums/theme/default/post.php on line 4125
Re: Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum [message #36826 is a reply to message #36824] Thu, 12 April 2007 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It sounds like you set a word filter without any words or created a smiley utilizing ~, which is normally used as a separator character.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum [message #36839 is a reply to message #36826] Fri, 13 April 2007 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm.. yep! I had 3 things that I had started putting in the login filter:
root
owner
*administrator*

Re: Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum [message #36879 is a reply to message #36839] Sun, 15 April 2007 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Login filter is not the thing that's causing the problem. The issue is likely an empty work filter (less likely) or an invalid (empty) smiley definition. Did you add any new smileys since installing the forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't even make my first post in my brand new forum [message #36885 is a reply to message #36879] Sun, 15 April 2007 19:48 Go to previous message
I haven't touched or even used smileys yet, and I don't know what you mean by and empty work filter. :\ I emptied the login filter and the errors seem to have cleared up.
Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Private messages error
Next Topic: delete all selected - permission issue
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 04:24:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02701 seconds