FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed [message #10468] Mon, 02 June 2003 17:07 Go to next message
claimjmpr is currently offline  claimjmpr   United States
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' (include_path='') in .. public_html/forum/index.php on line 681

I am stumped on how I can get the forum back up and running.

I can't say that I know php very well, but I have been running a forum since January.

Can anyone help me?

TIA!

[Updated on: Mon, 02 June 2003 17:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed [message #10478 is a reply to message #10468] Mon, 02 June 2003 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
TO rebuild the theme go to the admin control panel, theme manager and click on the 'rebuild theme' link.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed [message #10487 is a reply to message #10478] Mon, 02 June 2003 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can not even get into the site. I had erased my themes directory at the root because I thought it was from my older forum and I didn't need it any longer. I copied the themes directory under my forum folder to the root (where the old one existed). I still get the error. Should I try to change the path in the globals.php file? Is my forum toast because of my stupid error?
Re: Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed [message #10490 is a reply to message #10487] Mon, 02 June 2003 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If the directory paths have changed you definately need to edit GLOBALS.php to reflect that.

As long as you have the backup of all the critical files (files I told you to archive earlier) & mysql data the forum can be rescued.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed [message #10503 is a reply to message #10490] Tue, 03 June 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for your help. I am trying to retreive more files from backup but I think I did some damage (learning the hard way here). Thanks again!
Re: Can't open forum anymore - Help Needed [message #10509 is a reply to message #10503] Tue, 03 June 2003 11:42 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you are completely stuck, try running an upgrade script, it'll restore any missing files.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.5 upgrade problem
Next Topic: How I do backup my file to my computer before I move to another sever?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 06:02:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02335 seconds