FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users [message #10672] Fri, 06 June 2003 17:20 Go to next message
jmartinson is currently offline  jmartinson   United States
I have the Global Anonymous Access group setup for (No) on all access rights. That was working well, but after I changed the forum name and the positional ordering of two of the forums w/i one of the topic groups, the description for those two forums show up for anonymous users, and teh rendering of the tables on the home page is kind of messed up.

Is this a bug? If so, is there a way around it and/or is it fixed in later versions?

Thanks!

-Jacob
Re: 2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users [message #10675 is a reply to message #10672] Fri, 06 June 2003 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Rending shouldn't be broken by any change in the group permission system.

Which group manager you've been using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users [message #10676 is a reply to message #10675] Fri, 06 June 2003 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use the root user when I manage the groups, but I have used both the root user and my personal user (which is an administrator) to change the forum names and positional ordering.

I am attaching a screenshot of what an anonymous user sees when hitting the root of the forum.

Thanks,
Jacob
  • Attachment: fud.gif
    (Size: 26.97KB, Downloaded 754 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2003 19:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users [message #10694 is a reply to message #10676] Sat, 07 June 2003 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It appears that you've removed the 'read' permission from anonymous users. Meaning that they can see the forum but cannot access it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users [message #10757 is a reply to message #10694] Mon, 09 June 2003 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have removed all permissions from the anonymous user. There is a total of 8 forums inside one topic. Only two of the forums are showing up for anonymous users. Those are the two that I renamed and changed position on.

I don't imagine this is really a code issue, because if it was it should be happening for all the forums. I will take a look in the database and see if there are any interesting differences between those forums and the ones that aren't showing up for anonymous users.

Thanks!

-Jacob
Re: 2.3.8 Not sure if this is a bug... weird rendering & Forum desc visible to anonymous users [message #10758 is a reply to message #10757] Mon, 09 June 2003 16:06 Go to previous message
I found the problem, which is exactly what you said above but I misinterpreted...

Those two forums are visible to the anonymous users (as shown when you view the members of the forum-specific group), but not readable. I am not sure how they got set that way. I am positive I didn't edit any group members manually.

When I said the anonymous user was set to NO across the board I was looking at the global setting.

Thanks for all your help!

-Jacob
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDForum 2.5 Upgrade form 2.3.8 Error
Next Topic: Forum Consistency error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 17:10:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02272 seconds