FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » FUD 2.5.0RC4 on RH7.3 with Ensim (PHP safe mode on)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUD 2.5.0RC4 on RH7.3 with Ensim (PHP safe mode on) [message #10703] Sat, 07 June 2003 23:33 Go to next message
antoshka1980 is currently offline  antoshka1980   United States
you can't install it under Ensim with safe mode on. simply forget it, we tried everything!

to developers: guys, i have no idea what you had to go through, to make it work in some cases, but it must have been a rough path to the "partial victory" Smile i mean, the installation process is WAY beyond simple.

if you really want to install FUD and you have Ensim, then you will have to turn off the safe mode. if you are just a regular user - talk to your web hosting provider. explain them the situation. if they bring up "security" tell 'em to shut up! Smile Ensim is already secure beyond reasonable. all they have to do to turn off the safe mode for your site is to edit a config file. not too hard.

if you are an admin, then turn off the safe mode for the site (edit apache config for the site; refer to ensim documentation) and then install FUD in a normal way.

if you don't know whether you have Ensim or not, then assume you don't. it's an ugly webhost management software which you would have only if (1) you are a web hosting provider or (2) you use services of a provider who uses Ensim. in both cases you would probably know about it.
Re: FUD 2.5.0RC4 on RH7.3 with Ensim (PHP safe mode on) [message #10704 is a reply to message #10703] Sun, 08 June 2003 00:30 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If basic safe_mode is enabled just running the installer works fine. I am not sure about the particulars of your setup but I have personally installed FUDforum 2.5.0RC* on 6 different safe_mode enabled hosts withouts a problem. And know people who have done the same.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can't login to Admin Control Pannel
Next Topic: Locking/unlocking files
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 16:19:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03156 seconds