FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8 [message #10970] Sun, 15 June 2003 06:04 Go to next message
sdefranc is currently offline  sdefranc   Australia

Hi

As the title says, we just performed an upgrade to 2.3.8, and the avatars are now not displaying next to the posts, although they are showing in the users profile. We only allow uploading of avatars, no URLs. I'm guessing it could be a template issue, although I did switch back to the default template with no luck. Any ideas?

Regards
Sam
Re: avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8 [message #10973 is a reply to message #10970] Sun, 15 June 2003 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok a little more info.

I found the follow lines in the src/drawmsg.inc.t file:

if( !empty($obj->user_id) ) {
                $disable_avatar = ( $obj->level_pri == 'L' || (_uid && $GLOBALS["usr"]->show_avatars=='N') ) ? 1 : 0;

However if I manually set disable_avatar to 0, then the avatars get displayed. So now just h

However if I manually set disable_avatar to 0, then the avatars get displayed. So now just have to figure out why disable_avatar is being set to 1.

sam.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 June 2003 08:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8 [message #10974 is a reply to message #10970] Sun, 15 June 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And I have no idea why those lines are displaying twice in my previous post!
Re: avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8 [message #10975 is a reply to message #10970] Sun, 15 June 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok it seems that $obj->level_pri == 'L' is the offending bit of code causing my avatars not to display, but at this stage I have no idea what this variable means.

sam.
Re: avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8 [message #10976 is a reply to message #10970] Sun, 15 June 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok it seems level_pri is tied to the rank manager (from database field fud_level.pri). Therefore I'm guessing you need "Avatar & Rank Image" set - doh!

oh well at least I learnt something in the meantime... problem solved, if not by the long way round...

thanks for reading! You can ignore all of this now!!

sam.
Re: avatars not displaying after upgrade to 2.3.8 [message #10989 is a reply to message #10976] Mon, 16 June 2003 01:38 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
okie dokie. the double text bug is a bug with the [code] tag and will be fixed in the next RC Wink

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.50RC5 Admin Login NOT
Next Topic: Install process failure
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 09:52:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03271 seconds