FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » MAILLIST.PHP: How to change preferences for users that are automatically added?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
MAILLIST.PHP: How to change preferences for users that are automatically added? [message #10984] Mon, 16 June 2003 01:23 Go to previous message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi,

I'm installing MAILLIST.PHP on a MAILMAN system, and want to import all of my existing list archives (MBOX files) to FUD Forums. I love the feature that automatically adds users to FUD that correspond to the e-mail addresses of posts being piped through MAILLIST.PHP. This is a very slick feature that will allow me to create a dynamic and exciting forum immediately, using more than 3 years of e-mail discussion archives. Wow.

Still, I'm concerned about e-mail privacy.

1) How can I set the automatically added users so that others cannot e-mail them? This is something that people should be able to decide when they start using FUD, so they can agree the forum's terms of service and decide how they want to be contacted by other FUD users. Right now it's turned on by default for everyone who's posted to a mailing list that's being imported.

2) Is there a way for us to munge email addresses contained in posts for everyone except registered participants in a given forum/list? (I.e. change foo(at)bar(dot)com to foo_at_bar_dot_com or foo@***) Currently when we import the messages, alot of people will suddenly have their email addresses exposed. MHONARC and PIPERMAIL both have email address munging as a command-line option. Ideally, FUD could be set up to hide e-mail addresses for people/spambots that are not logged in. If that's not possible, it would be fine for us if e-mail addresses were munged as they were imported.

Many thanks,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: background image help please
Next Topic: Multi registration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 20:29:36 GMT 2024