FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Images and permissions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Images and permissions [message #11005 is a reply to message #10960] Mon, 16 June 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Victor_M is currently offline  Victor_M   United States
Maybe I'm not explaining myself well. In any case, let me make one last attempt, and then I promise I'll drop this.

FUD built a feature whereby any forum member can go to their profile and upload a picture (avatar). That picture gets written to the /images/custom_avatar directory with that forum member's assigned number as the file name. In our case, that file is being written with a permission of 600. This permission does not allow that avatar to be viewed by any forum member.

This situation isn't limited to custom avatars. For whatever reason, all images added using FUD programs are written as 600. That includes smileys, avatars, custom_avatars.

Clearly, that can't be your intention to offer those features but require Admins to chmod each and every file to 644. And I know for a fact this used to work just fine. I'm also sure you'd have heard from other people besides me if they had to go into the File Manager to chmod every image added.

What could it be about my environment that's causing this?

For your information, once again we re-installed FUD forum 2.3.8 from scratch. The rest of the environment at our webhost is:

Operating System: Linux
Apache Version: 1.3.27 (Unix)
PHP Version: 4.3.1
Mysql Version: 4.0.12

Even if you don't have an answer, I appreciate your effort.

Thanks
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Multi registration
Next Topic: Which mysql tables matter to create forums?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:35:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03314 seconds