FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Which mysql tables matter to create forums?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Which mysql tables matter to create forums? [message #11131] Wed, 18 June 2003 13:55 Go to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi,

I'd like to create forums for all of my mailman lists in FUD. I find the admin interface a little too cumbersome for the amount of lists I need to add in (50+). I checked out the mysql tables and see that there appears to be only one table that is added to in order to create forums - is this correct? Can I add to lines to this table myself using mysql queries?

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: Which mysql tables matter to create forums? [message #11133 is a reply to message #11131] Wed, 18 June 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Nope, if you add entries manually you'll end up with a broken forum since adding a forum is slightly more involved because it involved the group maangment system.

You can take a look at the functions/methods inside forum_adm.inc and use them to create a php script that will create the forums for you.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Which mysql tables matter to create forums? [message #11134 is a reply to message #11131] Wed, 18 June 2003 14:27 Go to previous message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
ok - thanks. Maybe the safest thing is to put them in manually. Not a bad idea anyway to make sure I know what's going on. I need to get a handle of the groups systen in any case.

Best wishes,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Images and permissions
Next Topic: Integrate FUDForum with another mysql table
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:40:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02340 seconds