FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » New Post Searching with Summary
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
New Post Searching with Summary [message #11173] Fri, 20 June 2003 21:56 Go to previous message
Anonymous
Hey all....

So we have a new FUDforum install at http://kvetch.indiebride.com.

The previous discussion software was Discusware, which didn't perform quite as well as it should have, and the community/board got so big we needed to go to something different....that was FUDforum.

So my question (suggestion) is about a feature that was in Discus, but is not in FF, but I think would not be too hard to implement.

Basically, a "search for new posts" function that will list just the recent posts (within a time range) in a one line summary....basically, the author of the post, the time, the topic, and the first line of the actual post. Preferably, this would be in a tree view.

How hard would this be ? Is it even possible ? Not being a php guy myself, and not having very much time to get something like this written, how much do you think it might cost to have the FUDforum folks build this ?

At this point, we're losing members of the community who are very used to using that function as the main way they navigate the board.

thanks in advance,
John Allspaw
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: File Download
Next Topic: Zero post users purge
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-