FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » db.inc error when trying to create a new forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  db.inc error when trying to create a new forum [message #11587] Wed, 09 July 2003 00:13 Go to next message
ajeffco   United States

Hello All,

With the newest version, when I try to create a new forum, I get the following error:

--- snip ---
(db.inc) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query: INSERT INTO fud25_cat (name, description, allow_collapse, default_view, view_order) VALUES ('Test',' - Test','Y','OPEN',)
Server Version: 4.0.11a-gamma
[Referring Page] http://removed.the.site/forum/adm/admcat.php?rid=2&S=b9cd8c3685f0e352c0 70ad46532f4cf1

--- snip ---

Any ideas?

TIA

Al
Re: db.inc error when trying to create a new forum [message #11604 is a reply to message #11587] Wed, 09 July 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: db.inc error when trying to create a new forum [message #11650 is a reply to message #11587] Thu, 10 July 2003 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajeffco   United States

Ok. I downloaded the the CVS version, and get the "PATH OF SYSTEM FILES AND DIRECTORIES Step 1 of 5" page, with all values filled in correctly. When I click on next to continue, I get this error:

--- snip ---
Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: buffer error in /usr2/sunrunner/forum/install.php on line 373
Failed decompressing the archive
--- snip ---

Re: db.inc error when trying to create a new forum [message #11652 is a reply to message #11650] Thu, 10 July 2003 19:07 Go to previous message
ajeffco   United States

DOH! Went looking for the error in the forums here, and found the problem. 8M memory limit by default for PHP on Mandrake!

Changed it to 20M, and it's working fine now.

Thank you very much.

Al
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 2.3.8 no longer available, but conversion scripts not updated
Next Topic: Error message ...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:44:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02970 seconds