FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » install.php problem at step 1
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
install.php problem at step 1 [message #1166] Fri, 22 March 2002 20:47 Go to previous message
chadpengar is currently offline  chadpengar   United States
Hi All. I am attempting to install this for the first time, to give it a spin. I downloaded the forum_v1.2.3.tar.gz file from the latest stable. I then unpacked it and got:

hostname# ls
COPYING CVS README install.php install_data
hostname# pwd
/space/kits/forum_install
hostname#

I copied the install.php into my web server /forums/ directory and called up the install.php page in my browser. (Webserver is caudium on freebsd with PHP 4.1.2). The install step 1 asks for the directory where I unpacked everything. I put in " /space/kits/forum_install" which is the directory you can see in the "pwd" above. I click the "next" button and the install.php comes back with

"The directory you've specified does not appear to be the directory where forum sources were decompressed to."

But it is. I even did a copy and paste from a terminal window into my browser to make sure there were no typos.

I cd into that directory and look around and don't see lots of PHP code. I see some sql and some .inc files and stuff, that is it.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks
Chad

www.shire.net
www.handloaders.com -- under construction
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message