FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » css handling suggestion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
css handling suggestion [message #11859] Fri, 18 July 2003 23:42 Go to next message
gbjbaanb is currently offline  gbjbaanb   United Kingdom
I know this may be a complete nuisance to implement, but its only a suggestion...

When modifying a theme, even if you only want different colours for the forum, you have to create a whole new template, and edit the forum.css.tmpl

I think many forums don't want to change the layout, only need to alter the css and some images. Tying the css to the theme, rather than the template would save space and maintenance. If the admin decides to change the layout slightly (eg a new header image) he currently has to change the same tmpl file in each template.

Something to think about later if you ever change the theme management.

cheers, Andy.
Re: css handling suggestion [message #11860 is a reply to message #11859] Fri, 18 July 2003 23:49 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Making exception only going to be a breeding ground for bugs and duplicate features. You don't need to create a new theme, simply edit an existing one. And if you want more then 1 theme, the 1/2 meg disk space taken by a theme is hardly a concern in my book.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Receive E-mail for private messages
Next Topic: Registration authorization
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:50:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05290 seconds