FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Registration authorization
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Registration authorization [message #8233] Fri, 17 January 2003 22:30 Go to next message
bvaughan   United States
Would it be possible to include optional functionality to require accounts to be authorized before they become active?

e.g. someone fills out an application, which generates an email to a moderator, who then approves or denies the request for the account creation. Until it is approved, the account is in limbo.

There was a hack to do this, but it does not appear to be for the current version.

It seems that this would be very valuable...or has it already been included, and I am just blind?

thanks!
Re: Registration authorization [message #8313 is a reply to message #8233] Tue, 21 January 2003 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This functionality already exists. Set MODERATE_USER_REGS to 'On' in the GLOBALS.php file. It seems to be missing from the control panel, something I'll fix in the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Registration authorization [message #8315 is a reply to message #8313] Tue, 21 January 2003 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Correction there is already an option for this feature, it is called: New Account Moderation

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Registration authorization [message #8475 is a reply to message #8315] Thu, 30 January 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United States
And I've forgotten to thank you properly for adding it in. This was pretty much the #1 feature I had been looking for.

Thanks.
Re: Registration authorization [message #8493 is a reply to message #8475] Thu, 30 January 2003 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes!
thanks from me too!

:-)

-Brian
Re: Registration authorization [message #11891 is a reply to message #8315] Tue, 22 July 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Tue, 21 January 2003 13:02

Correction there is already an option for this feature, it is called: New Account Moderation

Okay I don't see this anywhere in the Control Panel, where is it? I'm using 2.3.3.
Re: Registration authorization [message #11892 is a reply to message #11891] Tue, 22 July 2003 00:51 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need a later version. Install the latest stable version.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: css handling suggestion
Next Topic: Members list
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:48:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01892 seconds