FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » maillist.php issues
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
maillist.php issues [message #11961] Wed, 23 July 2003 19:55 Go to next message
aeto is currently offline  aeto   United States
I am having issues still with the maillist.php script. When I call it with a valid Forum ID, it returns without doing anything, including waiting for an EOF on stdin, or any input for that matter.

By putting watchpoints in the code, it is failing in read_data(). In particular, the PHP call into file_get_contents("php://stdin") is causing PHP to exit without any error, or other indication as to why. It exits with exit code 1. Yes, I realize this sounds like a PHP bug rather than a bug in FUD itself, but if anyone has seen this, help would be appreciated.

I'm running FUD version 2.5.0 with PHP 4.2.3 on a NetBSD 1.6E system. I've run it under truss, and the last system call is an mmap, which completes successfully, from what I can tell. I am going to try and build a debugging version of PHP to see if I can see anything there, as well. Yes, the allow_url_fopen = On line is present in php.ini as well...

Any further suggestions folks have are definately welcomed... I am starting to run out of places to look.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2003 20:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: maillist.php issues [message #11964 is a reply to message #11961] Thu, 24 July 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The id argument to the script is not the forum id, it is the ID of the import rule. Those are ids are listed beside each rule in the mailing list admin control panel.

On to the actual error Wink

The php version you are using does not have a native PHP function file_get_contents(), so it is emulated using existing code inside core.inc.
You may want to add some debug code to that function to see any errors. Removing @ that block errors may give you more. You can safely ignore the filesize() warning however.
Since php://stdin is not a real file it should attempt to read 10 * 1024 * 1024 bytes from stdin.

If it still does not work, try installing PHP 4.3.3 stable snapshot
from http://snaps.php.net and try the CLI sapi.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: maillist.php issues [message #11970 is a reply to message #11964] Thu, 24 July 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Wed, 23 July 2003 17:52

The id argument to the script is not the forum id, it is the ID of the import rule. Those are ids are listed beside each rule in the mailing list admin control panel.

Yup. I was using that one...

prottoss wrote on Wed, 23 July 2003 17:52

The php version you are using does not have a native PHP function file_get_contents(), so it is emulated using existing code inside core.inc.
You may want to add some debug code to that function to see any
errors. Removing @ that block errors may give you more. You can

Yeah, it's failing in the fopen, when I remove the @:
PHP Warning: stat failed for php://stdin (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /u0/web/users/fursuit/.FUDforum2/include/core.inc on line 111

I'm digging around the PHP source to see if I can figure out why it's not liking the php://stdin line.

I am hoping to avoid reinstalling php, since I'm using the standard one from the packages... Hopefully, I can work out the issue with PHP over the next day or two.

Thanks!
Re: maillist.php issues [message #11971 is a reply to message #11970] Thu, 24 July 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem fixed...

The system was not allowing the system call read() to work with a length of more than 7M. Well, I should say that *something* was preventing that memory allocation; I will have to dig around in the PHP code to see what was causing the issue.

Changing the 10*1024*1024 limit down to 7*1024*1024 fixed it.
Re: maillist.php issues [message #11977 is a reply to message #11971] Thu, 24 July 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I suspect this may be due to php's memory_limit setting, if you compiled your php with --enable-memory-limit then your PHP will have a limit on the amount of memory it can allocate. I suppose I should lower the limit to something more reasonable like 2 megabytes.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon4.gif  Re: maillist.php issues [message #12666 is a reply to message #11961] Thu, 21 August 2003 23:11 Go to previous message
blackops is currently offline  blackops   United States
Siiiiiigh!!! Confused

I finally found this thread after hours of working with this (hadn't gotten to debugging the FUD code yet, 'cause with the move to the new server, I was suspecting incompatibilities with my existing scripts).

Very Happy I am much happier now. Very Happy

Yes, please set it lower, if that is reasonable. I simply increased the memory limit in php.ini, but I'm guessing others might have this problem. Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Usercp link colors
Next Topic: Group Permissions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 22:02:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02545 seconds